August 01, 2006

What is this Crap?


Last night I got a chance to do some channel surfing. It is not something I do often but I found myself alone in my house not wanting to do too much. The Blue Jays had a day off, there were no Star Trek re-runs on Space and the Myth Busters were not on either. I would have to step outside the box and see what I could find. What I found was a barren wasteland of crap.

My journey through the airwaves started with the mysteriously popular Canadian Idol. Much like its American cousin you are forced to listen to semi-talented pop tarts butcher songs in the hopes of launching themselves into a career of mediocrity. I watched someone attempt to sing White Wedding for 30 seconds before I was able to change the channel. I hope Billy Idol never has to see that.

Next I came across Hell’s Kitchen. It seems to be about a bunch of cooks getting verbally abused by some asshole. I watched this long enough to figure out that the cooks are competing for a job with the jerk. Maybe they will all show up next on …..

Wheel of Fortune. Jeopardy for dimwits. Click.

Entertainment Tonight. Jennifer Lopez went shopping. Tom Cruise is batty.

Professional Wrestling. What people watch when Wheel of Fortune is over.

Wife Swap. Are you serious?

Nancy Grace. Does anybody else really, really hate her like I do? My Wife watches her show sometime. She makes me want to tear my ears off.

Finally I came across a neat show about Gun’n’Roses. I loved them in the early 90’s when they were at the top of the world. What a train. They are all lucky to be alive and somewhat coherent. Axel Rose is as nearly off his rocker as Tom Cruise is.

To end it all I started watching Rockstar: SuperNova. I like this show but I can do with the hour of rockers fighting over songs. All I really want to do is listen to them sing and watch Brooke Burke. This show is actually worth watching just for Tommy Lee. He is comedy gold just being himself.

In summary, TV sucks go read a book.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home