July 24, 2006

Crash and Burn

For the second weekend in a row I have had another bicycling “incident” We were going for a ride in our city’s beautiful river valley when we came across a steep and twisty hill. I was pulling my Son in the bike trailer behind me so I decided to take the hill slow. I applied some pressure to my brakes and made my way down the hill at what I thought was a safe pace. The bike trailer had other plans and tried to pass me. I fought it briefly but the momentum was too much and down I went. Fortunately was able to use me body to stop the progress of my bike and trailer keeping them from taking my Son careening into the trees. I quickly picked myself up to check on my Son only to find him staring at me with a big grin on his face. “That was funny, Daddy.” I’ll do anything to entertain my family, no matter the cost to my body.

Thinking bruises and scrapes were not enough to suffer through I stupidly forgot to put some sunscreen on while I was doing yard work on Sunday. It was 35C (95F) without a cloud in the sky. My back is now a bright shade of red and hurts worse than the rest of my body. No one to blame but myself for that brain dead moment.

Later I will update you on my very exciting sports weekend. Ooooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home