July 13, 2006

You should be working right now!

I thought I might start a regular “feature” to my blog to help give me some focus and an excuse to make more posts. Somewhat periodically I will throw up a couple of links of places on the internet that I like to visit and kill some time. I’ll even try to say something useful about it that will make you want to visit it. This is my contribution to mankind (Not much of a contribution but at least it is better than inflicting American Idol on the viewing public). Hold on to your shorts, here is the first edition of “Things I do when I should be working.”

I would like to direct you to a couple of blogs I try to visit on a regular basis. One is written by someone who makes part of his living writing. The other is a really cool idea for generating blog traffic.

The first blog is Wil Wheaton dot Net (In Exile right now). You may remember Wil as Gordie from Stand By Me or Wesley Crusher from Star Trek the Next Generation. I came across his site because I am a huge Star Trek Geek. Most of Wil’s posts are about his life and family. He will also mix in some entries about poker, politics, technology and occasionally some science fiction goodness. I really enjoy his writing style. I find it quite captivating. I have really come to respect him for one main reason. Quite often you see former stars or nearly stars become attention whores after their shine starts to dull (see Kathy Griffin or The Surreal Life). Wheaton took a completely different approach and basically reinvented himself and is arguably more popular then he has ever been (on the internet anyway). And he is a geek!

The other blog I would like to tell you about is The Bestest Blog of All-Time. I found this site using the Next Blog button that is provided to us from Blogger. It was one of the first blogs I found that was written in the English language. Every day a new entry is made describing a blog that is usually pretty interesting. I have found it to be a great time killer. He also features a link exchange. If you link to his site he will link to yours. Linking to his site has actually increased traffic to my blog. Soon all the internet will know of my greatness! Woot!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home